Sunview question

Dave Bukovinsky motcid!bukovins at uunet.uu.net
Sun Dec 9 08:25:08 AEST 1990

I am working on an application that takes advantage of the SunView
interface, running on sun 3/60 + 3/80's, with SunOs 4.0.3.

My question is the following:

The tty as well as text subwindow types support the user blocking a range
of text with the mouse (using left and middle mouse buttons), and this
becomes the 'primary' selection with regards to the selection server (and
text is highlighted/reversed in the process). This is all done as part of
the subwindow types that the application is running in.

My problem is that my application requires using the 'canvas' subwindow
type, and while I've been able to implement the other selection services,
I was wondering if there is any undocumented feature or trick to select a
range of text inside the canvas window. I would prefer not to have to do
it myself (ie. fetching each character, buffering it, and redisplaying it
in reverse video)..

Has anyone else run into this problem and found a solution before?

  Reference texts used: SunView System Programmers Guide
			SunView Programmers Guide

Dave Bukovinsky
	uucp: uunet!motcid!bukovins