Software Support Contracts

jipping at cs.hope.edu jipping at cs.hope.edu
Tue Dec 11 23:50:50 AEST 1990

> ...  Wait for 4.1.2, I guess.
>
> Also, is there any reason to keep a subscription for Sun-3 and PSRA tapes?
> I believe that there is no 4.1.1 PSRA tape, and that there will be no
> Sun-3 tapes after 4.1.1.

Aside from getting answers from the Answer Center, probably not!  In fact,
if all you are doing is getting the contracts for UPGRADES -- don't
bother!  4.1.1 is the last 4.x release.  The next release will be SVR4 --
and the customer ship date on that is LATE '91 (Oct/Nov-ish).  You'd be
wasting a year's worth of support bucks -- when you can simply buy it
then!

Spent the money on network connections...:-)

      Mike Jipping
      Hope College Department of Computer Science
      jipping at cs.hope.edu  (BITNET: JIPPING at HOPE)