Software Support Contracts

Mark Plotnick mp at allegra.tempo.nj.att.com
Mon Dec 10 17:59:54 AEST 1990

We're still waiting to get several OS 4.1 tapes.  Initially, everyone we
talked to at Sun about the problem referred us to someone else, and we
went in circles.  More recently, the responses have been "I'll have to get
back to you" or "I think we're making real progress", but after 6 months
and dozens of phone calls and a few written letters, we still don't have
the tapes.  I figured that now that 4.1.1 has come out, I'd ask for help
from the net (we know 4.1.1 is out because we went to add a subscription
for CD-ROM in an attempt to get the distributions, but were told that our
subscription was added after the CD-ROMs had shipped.  Wait for 4.1.2, I
guess).

If anyone knows who handles software support contracts at Sun, please let
us know (we're going to borrow a neighbor's CD-ROM when it comes - so we
appreciate, but respectfully decline, offers to send us copies of your
tapes.  We're looking for a solution that won't require us to keep on
borrowing friends' tapes).

Also, is there any reason to keep a subscription for Sun-3 and PSRA tapes?
I believe that there is no 4.1.1 PSRA tape, and that there will be no
Sun-3 tapes after 4.1.1.

	Mark Plotnick
	allegra!mp or mp at allegra.att.com