keyboard problem with openwindows

Sean Sheridan Coleman X5672 coleman at cam.nist.gov
Tue Dec 18 04:20:15 AEST 1990

As posted previously, I stated that I couldn't get openwindows to start up
because of an error due to the keyboard. I received a note stating that
the problem was due to the dip switch settings on the keyboard. I looked
at the settings on the board and found them to be set to all 0's like the
README FIRST pages for 4.1.1 stated ( this  has the scoop about the bug).

I switched all the settings to 1, and I was able to get openlook to work.
Why would all 0's cause it to fail? What does all 1's do to the keyboard?

Sean Coleman
coleman at bldrdoc.gov