TPU/LK201 emulation on SUN

radth01 at beach.gal.utexas.edu radth01 at beach.gal.utexas.edu
Tue Dec 18 04:16:24 AEST 1990

We are primarily a DEC shop using a TPU-based text editor for program
development.  We are also experimenting with a SUN 3/160 workstation with
a SUN-3 type keyboard.  The differences in the editors available on the
SUN (EMACS,vi) and the TPU-based one we are used to, as well the
differences in the keyboard, are really causing problems.  Have others
encountered and, hopefully, solved this problem?

(1) Any experience with any of the TPU emulators available for UNIX systems?
(2) Would a SUN-4 keyboard make a difference?
(3) What configuration (software/keyboard) works to make the differences
    between TPU on an LK201 and the SUN as minimal as possible?

Faith Einerson
RADTH01 at BEACH.GAL.UTEXAS.EDU
(409) 761-6383