Any luck running open windows on SS2 (4.1.1) w 24-bit frame buffer

Vince Pugliese apollo at ecf.toronto.edu
Mon Dec 31 14:33:55 AEST 1990

I took delivery of a SS-2 just before the holidays and tried to get
Openwindows up and running but just got severe hangs instead. I was
wondering if anyone has had any luck with Openwindows running in this
configuration. Let me emphasize that we have a GS frame buffer which may
be at the root of my problems, not to mention that visions of sugar plums
were doing some serious thrashing in my head and diverting my attention.