Sun 386i talk

David Foran dforan at pilot.njin.net
Sat Dec 8 11:52:00 AEST 1990

I am am working with a Sun-386i which is operating Sunos 4.0, is not being
used as a diskless server, and has YP disabled. I am netted to the
ethernet which has a number of different machines hanging off of it.

My problem is that when another user tries to talk to me....  I am
informed of the request, however, upon my responding "talk user at xyz" I am
told by the Sun "you dont exist....go away". Interesting to note that when
I type "who" ....the system shows me at the console but does not seem to
be aware of any additional processes that I may have open......Any help
would be appreciated.....

	djf at mirage.umdnj.edu