Some vt100tool questions.

AARON KONSTAM AKONSTAM at TRINITY.BITNET
Mon Dec 10 03:16:39 AEST 1990

I know that people use vt100tool so I wonder if any one can explain the
problems we are having.

We ftp-ed the vt100tool from titan.rice.edu. The README indicated that it
had been compiled specifically for the Sun-3 under 4.0.3. When the program
ran it produced an error message saying it only worked on a Sun-2. When we
compiled our own version the same error message was produced. To get a
version that would execute we had to remove the test from the source code
that checks for Sun-2's.

Now the program came up under sunview and we were glad to see that it
could be configured to implement the ibm 3270 keys. However the delete key
is missing.  Is there a way to delete when communicating with a remote
machine?  At this point I noticed there is no , quit button to exit the
program. When one goes to the upper left border of the window and hit the
middle mouse button the program quits, sometimes with a segmentation
fault. What is the correct way to quit.

After quiting the program does not change the characters produced by the
arrow keys to there default values so arrows no longer work. A boot is
necessary to reset them.

What are we doing wrong? Is this the wrong copy of vt100tool? Is there a
fix?  I would appreciate any help I can get.

AARON KONSTAM
AKONSTAM at TRINITY.BITNET