Formatting a ...

Jim Berilla jb at falstaff.mae.cwru.edu
Mon Dec 10 02:16:46 AEST 1990

In article <697 at brchh104.bnr.ca> andy at frisbee.eng.ufl.edu (Andy Wilcox) writes:

>I've heard a rumor that there is a giant format.dat file that has every
>disk in the world listed in it.  Where's it live?  If there isn't such a
>beast, would someone stand up and volunteer?

I've also heard rumor of such a file, but haven't been able to find one.
So here's your chance.  I'm standing, and I volunteer.  If you've ever
spent hours trying to get a RFP (really foreign peripheral) to work on
your system, then share your efforts.  Mail your format.dat (or printcap
or termcap or whatever) to ftp at falstaff.cwru.edu.  I'll try to put them in
order and put them up for anonymous ftp from this machine.  If you don't
specify otherwise, I'll put in a comment which points to the source for
each entry.

That address again is ftp at falstaff.cwru.edu.  Call now!

[[Ed's Note: As some of you may remember, I started a similar project 6
months or so ago. I still have lots of entries that just needed
compiling/verifying before I put them out. I'll go ahead and forward mine
to Jim, and let him have the fun of sorting them out. :) -bdg]]

      Jim Berilla / jb at falstaff.cwru.edu / 216-368-6776