DOS emulation on a SPARC Station 1+

Phillip Millman millman at garnet.sbi.com
Sun Dec 9 09:07:00 AEST 1990

There are three products out there that claim to give 286/386 Dos
emulation on a Sun SPARCstation.  ALthough I make NO promises on the
reliablity of the products mentioned.

1) Puzzle Board.  A bug ridden (according to an ERI rep) S-bus board that
   actually has an Intel chip on it.

2) Splus Software.  Again bug ridden.

Both of the above can be obtained by your local ERI rep.

3) 386/486/Omni Ware by Logicraft (603) 880-0300.  It is a supped up PC
   that contains Intel chips.  It hangs off a TCP/IP network.  You open a DOS
   window and you essentially access the PC.  The PC (I believe) has the
   software that you use.  It is a soft/hardware product.  It is NOT CHEAP.
   Within the PC, four 4-user boards can be placed.  So the initial 4 user
   386/20MHz box will cost $6000 (for the modified PC) and $7200 per 4-user
   board.

I will be testing the last option because they claim that even Windows 3.0
will work without bugs (Yeah, sure.) As I know more I will post.

Phillip Millman					My Opinoins are my own
Salomon Bros.	1 (212) 855 2221		because nobody else will
millman at garnet.sbi.com   			have them.