Ciprico + NEC + Sun

F-X TESTARD-VAILLANT fxtv at litp.ibp.fr
Sun Dec 2 03:19:57 AEST 1990

I got a Ciprico controller for a NEC disk (9793) two years ago.  Recently
I have received the new release of rfutil and files to build a kernel that
can use the Ciprico controller. I have built a new kernel including the rf
files. But when I reboot the machine I have made a mistake on the name of
the kernel file : instead of "b xy()/vmunix.rf" I have just used "b xy()"
and then used the Sun GENERIC kernel. And, suprisingly ... it works
normally (except that the fstab must be rewritten to replace rf with xy).
So the question is : Is the Ciprico stuff useful?!?

Francois-X. Testard-Vaillant