Request for Lisp environment recommendations

Shaul Markovitch shaulm at TECHUNIX.BITNET
Sun Dec 9 08:25:08 AEST 1990

We are in the process of establishing Lisp environment on several of our
diskless SparcStations.  I would be greatful if poeple could share some of
their experience regarding software and hardware used for such purpose.
In particular I am interested in the following information:

1. Experience with Lisp environments (info about experience with Allegro
   Common Lisp is especially needed)

2. Experience with (SparcStations) hardware configurations
   For example:
      Our machines are configured with 8 meg internal memory,
         Is it possible to work with such memory?
         If not, what is reasonable memory configuration?
      Our machine are diskless,
         Does anyone has experience with swaping over the net?

Thank you very much for your help
Shaul Markovitch