Need help with 4/260 hardware

HISTA at jetson.uh.edu HISTA at jetson.uh.edu
Fri Dec 14 05:22:00 AEST 1990

I have a rather sticky problem that I need to solve by yesterday!  We have
a 4/260 server with the following already installed:

	1.  A 1/4-inch tape drive
	2.  Two 330 Mb SCSI drives.

We were planning to put in a 1.2 Gb drive INSIDE the server.  Now, the
folks we are picking the drive up from seem to be quite sure that there is
no more room in the 4/260 enclosure to sustain an additional drive; it
needs to go outside only.

If there is anyone who uses a 4/260, I would like to know if there is any
space inside for this extra hard drive.  I am of the impression that there
should be enough space in there for two more drives besides what is
already there.  Needless to say that we don't have the technical specs of
the 4/260 anywhere.

I would appreciate any suggestions to the effect.  Thanks in advance.

Aashish

E-mail :   hista at jetson.uh.edu      OR     malhotra at cs.uh.edu