Gcc, X11R4, and old SunOs - Thanks

Rainer Malzbender rainer at hibachi.colorado.edu
Sat Dec 8 11:52:00 AEST 1990

Thanks for all the reponses to my question about getting X11R4 running
under SunOS 3.2. Most of the answers contained incorrect information,
however, which I would like to correct: you do not need gas or bison to
compile or use gcc, at least not if you stick to the standard
configuration.  If you 'make World' in X there is one file
(mit/server/ddx/cfb/cfbtegblt.c) that fails if you use gcc 1.37 - if you
then compile that by hand using cc and restart make (without the 'World')
everything works. I suppose it's remotely possible that having gas would
allow this file to compile, but IKFDI.  Apologies if this was posted to
the wrong newsgroup.

Rainer Malzbender
U. of Colorado, Boulder        rainer at hibachi.colorado.edu 128.138.240.246