Speech to text

Richard M Emberson Jr rme at spl26.spl.fac.com
Tue Dec 18 04:11:30 AEST 1990

WANTED: A public domain program that will convert a file containing
audio/spoken text on a Sun4 to written text.  With a microphone one can
capture speech to files on a Sun4. I want a program that can convert the
spoken words into text.  It does not have to operate in real-time (in
fact, its highly unlikely to do so).  It does not have to be independent
of user (its OK if a user has to train it to understand their own spoken
words).  Its OK if I speak for 1/2 hour (one second speech ~~ 8KMb disks)
and then spends all night figuring out a best fit to text.

Richard Emberson

rme at spl1.spl.loral.com