Exabyte on Sun3/160

G. Mussar bnrgate!bcars53!mussar at uunet.uu.net
Tue Jul 31 04:15:34 AEST 1990

In article <10330 at brazos.Rice.edu> carlosp at moe.mcrcim.mcgill.edu (Juan Carlos Perez) writes:

>	o At boot time, I get the error
>	 "si0: sc_cmd:scsi bus continuously busy"
>	 "sc0: resetting bus"

Strange you should mention this error. We Were playing with the spare SCSI
connector trying to get an integrated SCSI drive working on it. After many
insertions, etc. we got the exact same failure. We found by swapping all
the components, that the cable inside the disk box (the one that connects
the external connectors and the two internal SCSI connectors) had gone
bad.  Replacing this cable made our problem go away. Perhaps yours is bad
as well.

Gary Mussar  |Bitnet:  mussar at bnr.ca                  |  Phone: (613) 763-4937
BNR Ltd.     |  UUCP:  ..uunet!bnrgate!bcars53!mussar |  FAX:   (613) 763-2626