St Clair Transceivers

Dan Butzer butzer at cis.ohio-state.edu
Wed Jul 11 02:14:25 AEST 1990

This afternoon the people from St. Clair brought a couple of their mini
transceivers by for our inspection.  (The 2400 & 2401)  We put them on a
SLC and found that they indeed fit VERY well.  I just placed an order for
260 of the 2401 screw type - we liked them better and they were more
secure than the slide lock type.

I had heard some rumblings on the net that the ST Clair unit was too big
to use with the SLC.  It's head is just a little large but the contact is
tight enough that you can slide the SLC around by the transceiver and it
maintains contact.

--Dan

(I have no contact with St Clair other than being a satisfied customer.)
(They advertise the units in the Sun Observer.)