Nslookup -l <server> [what kind of broadcasts does this generate] ??

Eric Ho eho at clarity.princeton.edu
Sat Jul 14 07:58:15 AEST 1990

What kind of broadcasts does a 'nslookup -l <servername>' generate ?  I
want to know what kind of packets generated and if it is all 1's or all
0's or something else ?  It seems that this kind of broadcasts are
generated only when one specify the <servername> argument though.  I did
this on 4/110 under SunOS 4.0.x (the in.named is 4.8.2 beta which is
running on a 4/280 -- only 1 instance of named is running on the local
ethernet).

Any pointers appreciated (as I don't have source code here).

Eric Ho
Princeton University
eho at clarity.princeton.edu