Any good display boards?

hoppi!seg at uunet.uu.net hoppi!seg at uunet.uu.net
Sat Jul 28 02:22:43 AEST 1990

I was wondering if anyone had any information on good display boards that
work in the Sun 3 line.  We had originally gone with the univision display
board because they were cheap and local.  Unfortunately, as small
companies are known to do, we were promised the world and then very poorly
supported once the purchase order went through.  We had the need for a
1280x1024 display in grey-scale/psuedo-color with a possible need for true
color later on.  We had wanted to go to Xwindows when available from
univision, but it looks like "there is not enough interest" to complete
the X driver.  Does anyone else run a display processor board that could
recommend something.  We looked at the Tech Source board, but did not
order it for economic reasons.  I think we are regretting that decision.
FYI, we have monochrome Sun 260's.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Scott E. Gordon
MITRE Image Processing Research Laboratory
(617) 271-7338
seg at hoppi.mitre.org