Wren VI jumpers.

Mark Riordan riordanmr at clvax1.cl.msu.edu
Thu Jul 26 01:18:59 AEST 1990

In article <10196 at brazos.Rice.edu>, ne201ph at prism.gatech.edu (Halvorson,Peter J) says:

>I just bought a Wren VI SCSI hard drive ( model #94191-766) from Caber
>Systems, they have provided absolutely no support.  Does anyone out there
>know the purposes of the nine jumpers on the back of the drive?  In
>particular, I need to set the SCSI id to 2.

I have the "Installation Manual" for the Wren 6.  It's a single sheet in
small type with several diagrams.  I won't try to reproduce the text and
diagrams here, but I'll mail a photocopy to the first 3 people to ask.  I
have Revision C, Feb 1990.

To set the SCSI logical address, set jumpers 3, 4 & 5 (counting from left
where leftmost jumper is numbered 1) to the binary value of the address.
Jumper installed = 1; not installed = 0.  The jumpers are installed
vertically.

Incidentally, I've always seen the drive name spelled the way you spell
it--Wren VI--but Seagate calls it the Wren 6.

Mark Riordan    riordanmr at clvax1.cl.msu.edu    Michigan State Univ.