SLC and color x-window servers?

Bruce Allen ballen at csd4.csd.uwm.edu
Thu Jul 19 08:51:15 AEST 1990

"Drivers" for Wren disks are not necessary.  The Sun sd driver on the SLC
will support any reasonable SCSI disk.  The /etc/format.dat file
distributed with the OS already contains formatting information for Wren
III,IV, and V (in version 4.0.3 of OS) and more recent OS releases may
contain formatting information for VI and VII as well.

I know there is no problem - my sparcstation's only disk is a Wren V and
it has worked well for a year.  My neighbor's disk is a Wren VI, and his
has been up and running for a month.

Personally I suggest you buy a Fujitsu 2263 disk or the equivalent HP.
They work fine on the SLC and SS, and have a *five year* warranty.  Best
prices in a shoebox are in the $2100-$2300 range.

Bruce Allen