Fortran 1.3.1

SunSET Marketing pr at eng.sun.com
Thu Jul 19 07:55:30 AEST 1990

There have been a few messages on the net, regarding Fortran 1.3.  Fortran
1.3 had 3 bugs in direct-access I/O. We decided to do a new release,
rather than stop gap patches since most customers wanted the fixes.

Fortran 1.3.1:

- FCS'd last week and is shipping
- ALL customers who have Fortran 1.3 will receive free
  upgrades to 1.3.1 whether or not they are on customer support
  contracts. Obviously to recive free upgrades of future
  Fortrans you need to have a support contract.
- Shipping does take time and you should expect the new version
  in a few weeks.
- If you have Fortran 1.3 and need 1.3.1 urgently please contact
  your local SEs. I cannot provide this directly.
- If you already have 1.3 on order, we will ship you 1.3.1.

If you have any questions and concerns please feel free to get in touch
with me.

Thank you,

	Pawan Rewari
	Languages Marketing