format.dat and setup for Micropolis 1568 ESDI drive needed

allen at audiofax.com allen at audiofax.com
Fri Jul 20 07:39:01 AEST 1990

If anyone has had any experience with the Micropolis 1568 ESDI drive
(760MB) on a Sun system (Sun-3/60, Sun-3/50, etc...) I would appretiate
all information you can give me on setting up this drive.  We do not seem
to be able to get it to work in the hard-sector mode and in the soft
sector mode, we only get about 1/2 the 760 Mb we were supposed to be able
to get (I know that 760 is unformated).  Any information at all would be
greatly appretiated.

P. Allen Jensen				AudioFAX, Inc.	/ Suite 200
allen at audiofax.com			2000 Powers Ferry Rd.
emory!audfax!allen			Marietta, GA. 30067