Meta key no longer works in shelltool under OpenWindows

Ken Laprade laprade at ringworld.harris-atd.com
Fri Jul 20 06:01:34 AEST 1990

Under sunview, the characters typed in a shelltool with the meta ("Left"
or "Right") key held down would have the eighth bit set for applications
that wanted to see it.  The shelltool supplied with OpenWindows does not
do this.  I think we have OpenWindows 2.1 Beta (27 June 90) (or something
like that).  I am running olwm.  The old SunView shelltool will still pass
the meta bits; so will an xterm; why won't the new shelltool do it?

Is this a bug or has this nice feature been designed out?  Is it
configurable with something I could put in the X resource database?

Ken Laprade			ARPA: laprade at trantor.harris-atd.com
Harris Corporation 		Usenet: ...!uunet!x102a!trantor!laprade
PO Box 37, MS 3A/1912		Voice: (407)727-4433
Melbourne, FL 32902		FAX: (407)729-2537