Reading From Serial Port

Rohit Mehrotra dmdev!rohit at uunet.uu.net
Fri Jul 13 06:28:04 AEST 1990

I am wondering if any one knows as to what character is returned when one
tries to read from a a serial port, which has a modem attached to it, and
the modem though presently connected and talking with another modem is at
that time not receiving any characters from the other modem.

I am trying to write a chat script, and the above piece of information
would help me decide as to when to stop reading from the port. I am using
a sparcstation running SunOS 4.1.

If anyone has already written a program which can log into different
bulletin boards if the chat script is give, and does not mind sharing, it
would be great.

Please send me EMAIL, and I would later post the correct answer.

Rohit Mehrotra
Fleet Credit Corporation
8325 NW 53rd St, Miami, Fl 33166.
E-MAIL Address uunet!dmdev!rohit VOICE 1-(305)-477-0390 Ext 469