CG6 + SunCore on a Sun-3/60?

Tom Olin adiron!tro at uunet.uu.net
Fri Jul 13 06:17:33 AEST 1990

We recently replaced the CG4 in one of our Sun-3/60s with a CG6.  In
general, the new framebuffer works fine, but we have had some problems.
For example, stringart doesn't like the CG6 (get_view_surface: unknown fb
type).  Another application dumps core when pw_replrop() is called; dbx
puts the problem in cg6_rop().  That same application works fine on our
Sun-4 with a CG4.

Does anybody know of any problems with the CG6?  We are running 4.0.3 and
have applied the patch tape that came with the CG6.  Please email