Wren VI jumpers.

Bruce Walker isgtec!bmw at uunet.uu.net
Sat Jul 28 02:15:02 AEST 1990

In article <10196 at brazos.Rice.edu> ne201ph at prism.gatech.edu (Halvorson,Peter J) writes:
> I just bought a Wren VI SCSI hard drive ( model #94191-766) from Caber
> Systems, they have provided absolutely no support.

In cases like this, I go to a friendly disti for data.  Try calling Arrow,
they distribute Seagate (and thus Imprimis/whatever)

> Does anyone out there
> know the purposes of the nine jumpers on the back of the drive?  In
> particular, I need to set the SCSI id to 2.

>From my manual, connector viewed from rear of drive:

 Terminator              +- Motor start option (wait for Start Unit cmd)
   Power      SCSI ID    |   +- enable parity
     |       4   2   1   |   |
======================================= <- cct board
  |  o   o   o   o   o   o   o   o  |
  | 1| 2                            |
  |  o---o   o   o   o   o   o   o  |
  +---------------------------------+
pin 1

SCSI ID is binary, factory default is drive 1.

If drive is not to be terminated, remove SIP resistor packs (3).  If drive
is terminated, insert a jumper in position 1 or 2 as shown near pin 1
above.  1 (vertical) means terminator power comes from drive.  2 (horiz.)
means power comes from cable.

Unmarked pin is reserved.

Yes, I realize there are only 8 jumpers shown here.  This is from the
manual I have and it doesn't quite match the drive.  I believe that one of
the end pins is reserved.  You'll have to orient yourself by way of
knowing what the factory default jumpering is.

bmw at isgtec.uucp  [ ..uunet!utai!lsuc!isgtec!bmw ]  Bruce Walker