Dumping 2 or more filesystems onto 1 tape

Eric Giguere giguere at csg.UWaterloo.CA
Wed Jul 4 05:55:54 AEST 1990

We have an Exabyte 8mm tape drive hooked up to our Sun 3/60 running 4.0.
This tape drive lets you use the 8mm video tapes for backups -- 2
gigabytes per tape.  Our largest filesystem is currently 500MB so I want
to put two or more filesystems on one tape.  Typing

	  dump 0uncsf 50000 /dev/nrst9 /dev/sd0a
	  dump 0uncsf 50000 /dev/nrst9 /dev/sd0h

will copy two filesystems OK but I can only get restore to read the first
one on the tape.  The "s" option doesn't seem to skip like I want it to.
So what am I doing wrong?

Eric

(P.S.: I'm using a length of 50000 because it's a ridiculous length that
should more than exceed what I actually need... I have basically no docs
on this Exabyte drive so it's been pretty much all guesswork on my part up
to now...)

Eric Giguere                                       giguere at csg.UWaterloo.CA