Sun's C++

henry Balen balen at camscan.uucp
Wed Jul 18 01:40:47 AEST 1990

Is anyone using Sun's version of C++? I would like to hear from users of
Sun's C++ how satisfied they are with the products and what kind of
support they have had from Sun with regards to bug fixes etc.

Here is information that myself an a colleage have got from Sun over the
past couple of months:

-- Our local Sun Sales rep says that Sun are going to stick at version 2.0
   and that there will not be *any* upgrades.  (What benifits does
   maintenance on C++ give if there is no plan for upgrades?)

-- We were also told, a couple of months ago, that the price of C++ will
   go up when the source code browser was available. Now we are told that the
   price has gone up and there will *not* be a source code browser available.

This seems to imply that Sun is not taking support of C++ seriously. (Are
they like this for other unbundled languages?)