Info. & Questions on 19" Mono. Monitor Repair

Wayne Little rwl at ee.umr.edu
Thu Jul 19 07:19:15 AEST 1990

We have a couple of 19" monochrome monitors ready to fry-&/or-die - yep
they're Phillips, but the newer ones on the ss1s, part # M19P114.  (BTW,
similar monitor woes were recently summarized in sun-spots V9: Issue 252.)

The best price on depot repair for 19" monochrome monitors that I have
located to date is:
   Pinnacle Data Systems Inc.
   phone: (617) 487-1150
   $ 99 for flyback transformers (u do it)
   $250 for flyback replacement (7-21 days - they say < 7 is typical)
   $395 for non-flyback monitor repair (7-21 day turnaround)
   $895 for purchasing a reconditioned 19" monitor (new tube, new flyback,
   	all soldering redone, & a 90-day warranty)

We would also like to buy a 19" monochrome monitor to have on hand for
when we have to send one off for depot repair.

The Questions:

1. Any feedback on Pinacle Data Systems?  (i.e. any reason not to use
   them?) < Company, Contact, Phone #, & price desired for Q.s 2 & 3
   please... >
2. Any cheaper alternatives for depot repair of a monitor?
3. Can anyone recommend any sources for used monitors?

Please e-mail to me & I'll summarize back to the list.

Thanks,
 Wayne Little      Internet: rwl at ee.umr.edu      Phone: (314) 341-4546
USPS: Univ. of Missouri-Rolla, EE Dept., Rolla, MO 65401