DOS emulators on SUN SLC

Martin Sharry mjs at axiom.maths.uq.oz.au
Sun Jul 29 11:17:37 AEST 1990

The Maths Department at the University of Queensland, Australia, is in the
process of setting up a student laboratory for teaching purposes.  One of
our options is to buy a number of SLCs and ( perhaps ) some X terminals to
fill the quota of forty seats without overflowing our budget.

One of the requirements of the this lab is that it be able to run DOS
software. Has anyone had any experience with DOS emulators on SUN SLCs ?
Any information at all ( such as suppliers, prices, experience with these
emulators ) would be appreciated.

Also, if anyone has had any experience with X terminals hanging off SLCs I
would really like to hear whether you recommend doing it and in what ratio
of SLC to X terminals you recommend. Finally, is running the DOS emulation
from the SLC on the X terminal a viable option ?? And, if so, in what
ratio of SLC to X terminals.

As this is such a high volume news group, if you could e-mail me rather
than posting it would be appreciated. I will summarise in a few weeks.

THanks in advance for any help,

Martin Sharry, Maths, UQ.

e-mail : mjs at axiom.maths.uq.oz.au
paper  : Martin Sharry,