Detailed SPARC Assembly Description

alen at trout.nosc.mil alen at trout.nosc.mil
Sun Jul 8 06:38:26 AEST 1990

In article <9611 at brazos.Rice.edu> brian at natinst.com (Brian H. Powell) writes:
>I'm trying to learn about SPARC assembly language, and the reference
>manual which comes with SunOS 4.x just doesn't do it.  That manual assumes
>you know what instructions do and why they do that.  There are some rather
>peculiar instructions (to me anyway) that I can only conjecture about why
>they are there.  I'd really like some manual which discusses the
>instruction set in detail.  Does such a thing exist?

Phone Cypress Semiconductor @ 800-952-6300 ask for their BiCMOS/CMOS DATA
BOOK, they'll send it free if you answer a few marketing questions.  The
book contains lots of goodies, including the SPARC (CY7C600) instruction
set, register specs, timing and related info (chapter 7).

    Alen the Lisa Slayer (trying to turn a SPARC into a flame)
    alen%shappy.uucp at crash.cts.com (a mac+ uucp host - what a concept!!)
    alen at crash.cts.com