Detailed SPARC Assembly Description

Brian H. Powell brian at natinst.com
Tue Jul 3 23:56:46 AEST 1990

I'm trying to learn about SPARC assembly language, and the reference
manual which comes with SunOS 4.x just doesn't do it.  That manual assumes
you know what instructions do and why they do that.  There are some rather
peculiar instructions (to me anyway) that I can only conjecture about why
they are there.  I'd really like some manual which discusses the
instruction set in detail.  Does such a thing exist?

Brian H. Powell, M/S 56-14			National Instruments Corp.
	brian at natinst.com			6504 Bridge Point Parkway
	uunet!cs.utexas.edu!natinst!brian	Austin, Texas 78730-5039
	AppleLink:NATINST			(512) 338-9119