Need advice on SMD disks for 4-280s

Michael J Wargo mjwargo at athena.mit.edu
Thu Jul 12 02:42:04 AEST 1990

We have about $5200 left in an account that's about to expire.  I'd like
to use it to get another disk for our 4-280s.  It already has a Xylogics
7053 controller and one Hitachi DK815-10 (892 MB) disk.  I need some
timely advice on what kind of disks (manufacturer, model) I should
consider and what suppliers to talk to.  Since I'm a rooky sys admin, I'd
like to keep this as painless (format.dat info already there?, plug and
play etc.) as possible and get a good warranty (3-5 yr).  I know this is a
lot to ask, but I figure you folks have gone through this kind of thing
before and I'd like to benefit from your experience.

Could you please e-mail your responses to me and I'll post a summary if
interest warrants.
				Mike Wargo

		preferred ---->	michael at agricola.mit.edu
				mjwargo at athena.mit.edu