Display CGM files on Sun

H.J.Chang ut-emx!unix307 at emx.utexas.edu
Thu Jul 12 02:12:48 AEST 1990

I'm using a Graphics package (NCAR) on our mainframe un*x computer and
like to view the CGM files it generates on my Sun SparcStation.  Since
there are some translator programs (like ctrans) which can translate the
metafile to other formats for different devices (e.g.  Tek4010 for
displaying the results, Postscript for printing), what I did is using
/usr/old/tektool on my Sun to view the output.  Now my questions are:

1. Because I can't rescale the contents in tektool (may be I don't know
   how), is there any thing better to use?  Or, more general, how to display
   CGM files on Sun?

2. Since I need to convert the CGM file to Postscript to print it on my
   laserprinter anyway, is there any way to translate the Postscript file so
   it can be viewed on Sun?

BTW, cgi and X window are not supported on my Sun SS1.  But any PD tools
or programs (smaller than 100 Mb) are certainly welcome.  Any comments,
suggestions or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Please send e-mail to    unix307 at emx.utexas.edu  or
                         hsien at slave.ae.utexas.edu