Problem with SunOS 4.1

Jeffery Small jeff at cjsa.wa.com
Thu Jul 19 11:24:25 AEST 1990

I have just upgraded from 4.0.3 to 4.1 and am experiencing a small
problem.  Whenever I attempt to fire up the chesstool (or any of the
linked programs) I get the message:

	Can't start tool
	/dev/win0 would not open
	WIN ioctl number ffffffff: Permission denied
	window: Window creation failed to get new fd
	chesstool: couldn't create window

/dev/win0 is owned by me and had permission 600  and I have the new device
security feature disabled (as shipped) so that's not contributing to the
problem.  Other tools (mail, dbx, etc) are working fine.

Is this a generic bug in the chestool binary or have I missed some
configuration procedure which is causing this situation.  Any suggestions
would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Jeff Small                     C. Jeffery Small & Associates    (206) 485-5596
uunet!nwnexus!cjsa!jeff        19112 152nd Avenue NE, Woodinville, WA    98072