Connecting Suns and Macs

Earl Locken jade!jsi-bwd!earl at uunet.uu.net
Thu Jul 5 08:22:14 AEST 1990

The company I work for has two separate networks, Macs connected by
Phonenet and Suns connected by Ethernet, and it seems like it should be
possible to get them to share information.  We are looking for ways to
transfer mail (Quickmail to UNIX mail), files and possibly share printers.
What is the best (i. e., cheapest, fastest, easiest to maintain) way to do
this?  Do you have to buy something like a Gatorbox, or can you stick an
Ethernet card in a Mac and run a TCP/IP package?  Or does someone make an
Appletalk card for Suns?

I assume this has been dealt with before, and if so I apologize for
dragging it all out again, but it must have been while I wasn't paying
attention ;-).  If someone could even point me to an archive that has
information on this, I'd be grateful.  As usual, thanks in advance.

Earl Locken
Jade Simulations International, Inc.			Calgary, AB, CA
uucp: ...{alberta|ubc-cs|utai}!calgary!jade!earl	Phone: (403) 282-5711