tn3270 -> ISPF problem...

Maj Brian Boyter bimbo!boyter at uunet.uu.net
Tue Jul 31 10:57:11 AEST 1990

I am trying to use a Sun workstation with the Berkeley tn3270 terminal to
run the ISPF editor on an IBM (gag) mainframe....  The IBM and the sun are
on a common ethernet...  The ibm is running both VM and MVS operating
systems...

Here are the symptoms:
1) tn3270 from the sun into the ibm VM operating sys....   No problem
   using ISPF...
2) tn3270 from a PC into the ibm MVS operating sys...    No problem
   using ISPF...
3) tn3270 from the sun into the ibm MVS operating sys...
   Login is OK...   ISPF croaks with the following error:
   IKT00405I SCREEN ERASURE CAUSED BY ERROR RECOVERY PROCEDURE

Has anyone else experienced this error or know what causes it???  Anyone
using tn3270 into MVS???    Any help would be appreciated....

Thanks
Maj Brian Boyter
boyter at fstc-chville.army.mil
(804)980-7362