HP SCSI disk/floptical/CDROM on Suns or NeXTs?

John Ioannidis ji at cs.columbia.edu
Tue Jul 31 15:58:16 AEST 1990

 I just got a Hewlett-Packard combo box containing a 660M SCSI disk (I
guess the equivalent of a WREN-V), a double-sided magneto-optical drive
with 1024byte sectors, and a Toshiba CD-ROM drive on it. Can this
concoction be connected to a Sun (and if so, any ones that it cannot be
connected to?) and/or a NeXT? What major/minor numbers should I use?

I see no problems accessing the disk, but how about the magnetooptical
(which is obviously not the same as the NeXT built-in thingy) and the CD
ROM?

I have an HP with a SCSI connector, but the thing is in the machine room
connected to a 20G autochanger ("jukebox"), and I'd rather have the CDROM
in my office!

Thanks in advance,

In-Real-Life: John "Heldenprogrammer" Ioannidis
E-Mail-To: ji at cs.columbia.edu
V-Mail-To: +1 212 854 5510
P-Mail-To: 450 Computer Science \n Columbia University \n New York, NY 10027