Sun C++

henry Balen balen at camscan.uucp
Thu Jul 26 18:12:55 AEST 1990

Apparently the impression that my colleague and I got from our local Sun
Office regarding support for Sun's C++ has been wrong. From various replys
(from Richard Weidner richard at gov.nasa.jpl.elroy) and our local office (at
last..) it is apparent that Sun *is* going to support their C++.

The confusion arose from the following: Originally, when Sun's C++ was
priced at UK pounds 1250, we were informed that the source code browser
would be included when the price goes up in the Autumn.  The price of
Sun's C++ did go up last month to UK pounds 1800, this was adjusted
recently to UK pounds 1650, but there is no source browser.  We then
contacted Sun to find out what was happening and what the implications (if
any) for support were, since then we got what seemed to be contradictory
information. {I suppose that it didn't help when my colleague and I were
asking similiar questions.}

I apologise for the unecessary hassle that my previous message (in v9n273)
may have caused. Does Sun issue written policy statements? These would
help to resolve any other confusion that may arise in the future.