*real* geometry of Maxtor XT-4380S ?

Chris Johnson chris at com2serv.c2s.mn.org
Sat Mar 10 04:13:19 AEST 1990

In article <5589 at brazos.Rice.edu> convex!datri at uunet.uu.net (Anthony A. Datri) writes:

>I'd just like to know the *real* geometry so that I can use the whole
>thing.  I could probably just keep upping it until format breaks, but
>that's inconvenient on your root disk.

The Maxtor XT-4380S has the following specifications.  Hope this helps.

Capacity:
	Unformatted		384.46 Mbyte
	Formatted		337.58 Mbyte
	Bytes/sector		512
Seek time, average, msec.	 16
Average latency, msec.		  8.33
Disks				  8
Data surfaces			 15

Sorry, I don't have sectors/track or number of cylinders.  You could issue
SCSI Read Capacity and Mode Sense with Page Code 3 and 4 commands,
perhaps, to get all the gory details.

Chris Johnson                  DOMAIN:  chris at c2s.mn.org
Com Squared Systems, Inc.         ATT:  +1 612 452 9522
Mendota Heights, MN  USA          FAX:  +1 612 452 3607