sw (out-of) control

Paul Baim aaec1!baim at dspvax.mit.edu
Tue Mar 13 04:54:13 AEST 1990

I am looking for the "best" replacement for SCCS available to run on SUNs.
We have several developers working on different subsystems of highly
interactive code which will  total about 100k lines of C when done.  This
code will be further customized to meet the needs of specific product
versions.  We need a suported product which will minimize management
overhead, yet will guide (force?) the developers into good version control
practices without causing riots.  In addition, the capability to support
the different versions in a non-conflicting, yet smooth way would be a
tremendous asset.  The primary limitation we experience with SCCS is that
the code we are developing is stored in a complex hierarchical file setup
which makes independent development easy, with coordination between
developers supported by the make system.  SCCS only understands a single
directory at a time.

Any recommendations?  Please send replies directly to :
baim%aaec1.uucp at dspvax.mit.edu

Thanks for your help!
Paul Baim