Request Info on Memory Upgrade for 4/330

Ravi Sinha ravi at earth.ce.nwu.edu
Thu Mar 15 02:01:46 AEST 1990

I am interested in upgrading the memory of a Sun 4/330 we use here from 8M
to 16M and am looking for appropriate third party SIMMs.  Has anyone in
netland tried this, and are there any reliable sources of relatively cheap
SIMMs?

What are the issues one should be concerned with when considering SIMMs?
Does anyone know what should be the seek time etc for the SIMMs.  Since we
have a hardware maintenance contract with Sun, the add-on would also have
to be acceptable to them.

I am new to usenet and this type of discussions may have taken place in
the past, in which case, I will appreciate if someone can send me the
summary of sources/expected cost of memory modules.

Please e-mail replies to ravi at earth.ce.nwu.edu

Thanks in advance.
Ravi Sinha			|  As usual, the opinions here
Northwestern University		|  are mine, and only mine.
ravi at earth.ce.nwu.edu		|  Who'd want to claim these anyway?