News Software Info Wanted

Calvin Hayden tijc02!cgh018 at rti.rti.org
Fri Mar 9 02:08:54 AEST 1990

We are currently running on a Vax 8600 under Sys V Rel2 Ver2.  We get a
nightly usenet feed from rti.  The software that we are using is (I
believe) "netnews 2.10", along with "vn" as our news reader.  We are soon
to be moving over to a Sun network, and I want to get our usenet feed
moved to the Suns.  My questions are:  In your opinion, what usenet-feed
software (such as netnews) seems to work the best on a Sun?  Which news
reader seems to work best on a Sun?  How much trouble are these to install
them on a Sun?  How buggy have these proven to be?  And last, where can I
get them -- I only have uucp access through rti?  Your input would be much
appreciated.  I think it might be better to try to get a package running
on the Sun(s) that someone else probably already has running than to try
and get my current S/W running 'em.  Thanks in advance!  Please email, and
I will summarize if there is any interest.

Calvin Hayden             | Voice (615)461-2254
Texas Instruments         | UUCP: ...mcnc!rti!tijc02!{root,cgh018}
PO Drawer 1255   M/S 3507 |
Johnson City, TN  37605   |