Why Use RPC At All?

will at cup.portal.com will at cup.portal.com
Wed Mar 14 14:43:59 AEST 1990

I'm going to try asking this question in a different way since the first
time I asked it I got no responses (and I'm sure lots of you out there
must have opinions on this):  What are the applications for which RPC is
being used?  Sure, RPC enables client-server functionality in a very
easy-to-use way, but what are the actual applications that *need* this
capability?

If you are an end-user or consultant and you have used RPC for an in-house
application or systems integration job, would you please drop me a note
and describe the application?  What are the problems you encountered with
RPC?  Where would you improve it?   What do you need it to do that it
doesn't do?

Thanks,
Will              (sun!portal!cup.portal.com!Will)