Sun C libraries

Matthew Hayden Harper harper-m at cis.ohio-state.edu
Wed Mar 14 14:45:37 AEST 1990

I have been working on converting gcc -mc68000 compiled files on a Sun3/50
into motorola hex records for a PROM programmer.  I have gotten everything
that I need to work except sscanf() and sprintf().  Several people told me
where I could find the source code for these functions.  I first tried the
dlib library for the atari st.  I compiled the functions I required and
archived them into a library.  The only external reference required was
__ctype_ which is linked in from /lib/libc.a and is the only external
reference made to c.o, so it does not link an anything else.  However,
sprintf() and sscanf() did not work at all when linked with the gcc object
files.  Someone else was kind enough to put up the libraries he used to
download romable C code to 68030 boards, however these functions only
worked with ints and strings, and did not work with double precision
values.  The main reason I want sprintf() and sscanf() is so I can enter
in data as strings, turn these strings into various data types (primarily
doubles), operate on the data, write the various data types into a string,
and output the string.  If anyone has libraries for sscanf() and sprintf()
which they have used with either cc or gcc on the SUNS to produce romable
c code (I need functions which do not link an anything from the operating
system which the functions in lib/libc.a seem to do), I would appreciate
it if you could tell me where I could get a copy of the library file
(preferably the source).

Matthew Harper