Mobile Suns

Frank Heath earth!heath at sunkist.west.sun.com
Tue Mar 20 05:35:47 AEST 1990

We have to take our show on the road in a couple of weeks and we would
like the 3/150 with SCSI Disk/Tape unit to arrive in working  order.  Any
wisdom on this?  The System and Network Admin Manual has no section
covering this and the Installation manual covers just that, installing.

Most PC's have a command to park the hard disks, and some people place
great store in this procedure.  A man -k disk yields dkctl, dkio, and sd
none of which mention a park command.

We are also in a bind because we need to use a cross compiler that is
keyed to the id of the machine we are moving.  We may have to compile at
home and modem transfer to the remote site.  We have Kermit but it is
SLOW, any quick SunOS 4.0.3 compatible file transfer programs out there?

[[Ed's Note: xmodem exists for Unix and seems to be a little nicer (IMHO)
than Kermit. -bdg]]

Thanks
Frank S. Heath
heath%mogwai.decnet at consort.rok.com