rdist

Joe Smith jms at romana.tymnet.com
Wed Mar 14 14:51:15 AEST 1990

In article <5523 at brazos.Rice.edu> fitz at dirt.frc.ri.cmu.edu (Kerien Fitzpatrick) writes:
>rdist has what I would consider a significant flaw.

The man page for rdist is definitely flawed.

>install -bv ;  -- the result was that rdist started INSTALLING files in /-bv

That one killed me as well.   It put everything in /-Ry.  Bug in rdist
manual: Nowhere does it say that each option needs to have its own hyphen.
"-Ry" does not work, "-R -y" does.  Bug in the rdist program:  It should
accept consecutive option letters appended to a single hyphen.  Bug in the
built-in usage message: It says "r" instead of "R", and the "D" option is
not mentioned in the man page.  (Debugging?)

Joe Smith (408)922-6220 | SMTP: jms at tardis.tymnet.com or jms at gemini.tymnet.com
BT Tymnet Tech Services | UUCP: ...!{ames,pyramid}!oliveb!tymix!tardis!jms
PO Box 49019, MS-C41    | PDP-10 support: My car's license plate is "POPJ P,"
San Jose, CA 95161-9019 | humorous dislaimer: "My Amiga speaks for me."