rasterfile

Tihamer T. Toth-Fejel vax3!ttf at rutgers.edu
Fri Mar 23 06:47:51 AEST 1990

In Xerox Interlisp, it is very easy to take a snapshot of any portion of
the screen, create a window that is the same size as the selected region,
and copies the portion of the screen into that new window.

It is very useful for reference, etc.  While dumpregion takes care of the
first step (taking portions of screens and turning 'em into rasterfiles) I
don't know what it takes to bitblt (Xerox Parc term for copying a bunch of
pixels from one place to another) the rasterfile into a window.

Does anyone have a subroutine that does such a thing?

Please reply directly to me at ttf at iti.org, since its hard to keep up with
this newsgroup.  If I get snapshot to work, I'll post it here and at titan
if I can.

ttf at iti.org     (Tihamer T. Toth-Fejel)
Industrial Technology Institute, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48106
(313) 769-4248     home: (313) 622-4741