Megatek X-Windows Board

Don Kark wiley!don at uunet.uu.net
Fri Mar 9 15:38:33 AEST 1990

Has anyone had experience with the Megatek X-windows color frame buffer
that plugs into a Sun?  It is advertised to be configurable with a
resolution greater than 1024x1024 (as opposed to Sun's 1152 x 900
resolution).  In my application this "extra" resolution is needed.

My prime concern is that it really implements X-windows correctly, and
that it does not have any nasty Sun side effects. Supposedly they can
deliver with PROMS that will let one use it as the Sun console....anybody
doing this?

Please direct any comments about this product (pro or con) to me via
e-mail.  If there is interest, I will post a summary.  Thanks in advance.

				-- Don